Garden Update!



Garden Update! 


I wish I could call this an April garden update, however I will admit I am a week or two late in finalizing this post.  I am taking new pictures of my garden and planters this coming weekend, so I plan to have another garden update that features all of my other plants not shown in this post very soon.
Spring is in full swing and my garden (situated within my mother's equally transforming garden oasis - a post on that soon)  has changed so much over the past few months! Plants that looked sad are now looking like a million bucks! Flowers are blooming, news leaves growing and everything is all-around AMAZING!  Let's just say apart from my mom and I, the butterflies and birds are beside themselves with happiness!  Hee-hee! :)

It's been warming up here in Miami so my plants are definitely getting lots of sun, however it has also been raining the past few days which has given them some much needed refreshment!  All this gorgeous weather means I've spent my last four weekends by our pool - so guess what? I'm no longer ghost white, yay... But, I am littered with a billion more freckles, oh well... it's that Irish blood in me!  Anyway, I've managed to avoid burning and peeling for four weekends straight (and believe me that is a difficult feat), it seems the secret is to get a little bit of sun at a time - like mama always told me!  Anyway, I am quite proud of that accomplishment, we'll call it the vanishing ghost shall we? The ghost is me... because now I'm closer to a caramel tan color, yay!  I'm still not done, so Saturday sun here I come!

What else? Today my mom and I weren't too hungry on our lunch breaks so we decided to try out this new place near our jobs called Yogurtland! WOW! Talk about awesomeness! So many delicious flavors!! Dutch Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Pistachio, Guava Pineapple Tart, Red Velvet Cake, Mango, Coconut, Honey Comb... just to name a few! We LOVED it! Hey, now we know where to skip out on a fattening lunch and have some zero-grams-of-fat/less-than-100-calories yummy frozen yogurt instead!  So if you've got a Yogurtland near you and have yet to try it out, you should!  They charge by the ounce (33 cents/oz.), so you can fill a cup as little or as much as you want.  I like that they charge by the ounce because then you aren't forced to pay for a size that you may or may not eat all of, you can choose how much you want to serve yourself because it's self serve!  There are lots of flavors and toppings, including candy, fruit and nuts, but believe me - that frozen yogurt is so yummy you don't need garnishments!  Yum!

Ok, enough about that, now for the garden update! Enjoy!



First off, here's the gang by the pool, the Pencil Cactus is trying to steal the show...

One of my newest succulents, fuzzy Echeveria Doris Taylor...




Her lovely delicate flowers stalks went from this....

To this...

They're either taking a really long time to fully open, or this is as good as it gets...we'll see!




New purple planter...







I love this little guy.... little Echeveria is his name, haha...





Remember this planter?....

Well check out the precious little white flowers that have sprouted from the tip of the pink and green succulent (forgot its name)....





Then there's this old gal... she's a little over a year old now and by far, one of my favorites. This is an Echeveria Glauca or Imbricata, I'm still unsure which. Anyway, as you can see she has spawned several babies, all at various points of growth, from her stem. Pure beauty!


Check out a few different angles featuring her sexy pink tips, up close and personal.... lovely...








These are all the babies growing in the planter at the base of the giant Pencil Cactus shown at the beginning of the post....




A funky type of Jade plant, looks like tubular coral to me!...


This is another new planter that I made a few weekends ago with a terracotta planter bowl....


Just a day or two after I planted it, one of the succulents sprouted tons of these beautiful little pink and green bell flowers.... GORGEOUS!

AND THEN.... a few days after those bell flowers appeared, this yellow flower opened on the other succulent! Wheeee!!! And a day after that, a second yellow flower! I didn't get a picture of both though...


Here's the other succulent I planted in there, a fuzzy one with a velvetesque texture! I forgot the name...
More pictures of the pink bells, because they are just so darn precious! Oh, and I love this photo below, I took it while laying on the ground to get a funky angle....


(All images are my own personal photographs. Please ask permission before using any of them and please link back to Inspire Bohemia, thank you!)