Flowers and Cacti and Succulents OH MY!




Hi there... it's already Thursday, yipeeeeee..

This post showcases the beautiful plants and flowers at my boyfriend's mother's house.  I went NUTS photographing her garden!  Scroll on and enjoy!!


This incredible fuchsia colored plant is called Cordyline fruticosa, also known as the Hawaiian Ti Plant or Good Luck plant.  Interestingly enough, it's in the same family as Asparagus!  It has such vibrant colored leaves and, as you can see, puts out some pretty seeds...









This tree is one of my favorites, not just because of the SPECTACULAR large flower bunches, but because the underside of its leaves are a dark eggplant purple color!  It's called Clerodendrum quadriloculare, but it's also known as the "Starburst Bush" or "Shooting Star."  My boyfriend's mother has tons of them lining the front of her house and in the backyard as well.  My mother and my grandmother also have this tree and say it spreads very fast, so it's perfect for filling large parts of a yard. 


 Gorgeous....













Some vibrant purple Bougainvillea...




A yellow Hibiscus flower in the process of opening...


And here's one that has already opened.....




Look, I got my boyfriend's mother an Echeveria "Doris Taylor" succulent too! 
It's hangin' out on her patio table with a branch of platanos from her tree....

Mmmm.... tostones... lol...

 This tree is called a Brugmansia, also known as "Angel's Trumpets" due to the beautiful pink bell shaped flowers.... Beware though, because this beauty is deadly, all parts of the plants anf flower are highly toxic to humans and animals!!



 
I had a Georgia O'Keeffe moment here..... hehe....




As for these little pests... Yeah, they're pretty, but when the purple flowers aren't in bloom the plant looks weedy and worst of all, if you should ever decide you don't want them in your yard anymore.... well, good luck getting rid of them!  My aunt and I once went insane ripping all the roots out of a bed of soil and weeks later they were back again.... ripped them out again.... they came back!  They're unstoppable!



And, last but not least... her cactus and succulent planter!  Initially it was just the large cactus, but I added soil and some succulents at the base of the cactus to fill out empty space in the planter and add some color... 

Unfortunately I was not around when the big flower on the cactus bloomed :((





 These Hen and Chick succulents have turned blood red in the last few weeks, wish I had snapped a new picture to share with you...



(All images in this post are my own personal photographs.  Please ask permission if you would like to use them, send me an e-mail at InspireBohemia@gmail.com.  Please link back to Inspire Bohemia.)