Mama's Garden



While my boyfriend and aunt were in the hospital I slept at my mom's house....  Sleeping at mom's afforded me the luxury of waking up with the family dogs anxiously and happily panting in my face (I fell asleep watching TV on the sofa), eating a delicious breakfast I didn't have to cook, and quality family time - SCORE!  All that aside, I got to wander through my mother's lovely yard/garden in the early morning  "oohing and ahhhing" as she eagerly watered her plants!  Here are some pictures I took, beginning with the image above which features the stunning yellow flower of her Frangipani, which had just bloomed that very same day (last Saturday), our dogs and much more of nature's wonderful beauty.  Thanks for passing on the green thumb mom, you're the best!

Enjoy! 









Our Boxer, "Kimbo".... one of my brother's friends gave him to us when he was a puppy and he already had that name, I guess my brother liked it because it stuck!  Kimbo is quite the character and a VERY intelligent dog.  I love that punk....


He LOVES to swim, he must jump in the pool and swim around at least 2-3 times a day!



Kimbo shakes hands too!....



LOL...Here we were making fun of him, lifting up his ears to get an idea of what he would have looked like if my brother had gone the traditional route and clipped his ears (he didn't clip his ears or tail... the ears I'm glad, the tail, not so much....that thing hurts like a whip)


That look says he doesn't appreciate our evil cackling....hehe...


Our oldest dog, Manchita the Dalmatian.... she is skin and bones and perhaps she should be put down due to many issues, but the girl still has so much life, she gallops around the yard like a horse!  We just don't have the heart... plus, I think she needs to go naturally!....


Last but not least my Chewby Dewby Doo, my caramel Cocker Spaniel.... the family calls him Chewy....  he has one of those sad personalities, poor thing, I think it got worse when my dad passed away.....  But, the one thing that definitely makes him happy is chasing lizards!


 And now, for my favorite part.... The other pictures of my mother's garden which I have enhanced the color contrast for added color and drama!..... Aren't they awesome!?  Yes, yes they are... :)

 Here is a huge bunch of Aloe and those awesome bright eggplant purple plants... don't know their name, but I need some of my own!....


Kalanchoes spilling out of their container..... how I love these Kalanchoes!  The ones in my garden come from my mother's yard, but it amazes me how different both of ours look - it's because they turn various shades of purple and green depending on how much sun or shade they get..... fascinating....

 

You better recognize... Gardeners know the best dirt!  :P

A Bromeliad mixed in with some of that creeping cactus vine, forgot the name.... but it's the same one I have that puts out the gorgeous blood red flower (because we both got our cutting from my grandmother's yard)!


....aaaaaaaaand........a magnificent purple and white orchid in full bloom!.....


(All images in this blog post are my own personal photographs)