My Sunflowers Sprouted!!!!!!!


I am so amazed by how fast these sunflower seeds have sprouted, perhaps because the last time I planted a seed (other than the bulbs from my post yesterday) was in elementary school! Suffice it to say the feeling one gets from a sprouting seed at such a young age is nowhere near as meaningful and satisfying as it is now, as an adult. My mom gave me a packet of jumbo sunflower seeds on Easter and I finally planted two last week... I am rather impatient when it comes to waiting for things to grow and show signs of progress, fortunately I have lots of other things (and plants) to occupy my time with. Well, my patience has been rewarded quite soon...

As if I had sensed that yesterday was going to be a wild rainy day, I had gone out onto my balcony before work to move plants under chairs and off tables... and it's a good thing! As I mentioned in my post yesterday, the weather here in Miami was tornado like! Thank goodness I brought plants in and off tables because when I got home my balcony was a mess, yes, after all of that work over the weekend sweeping and rearranging! Plants were knocked over, wet dirt scattered everywhere... ugh. Anyway, as I stomped around picking stuff up and cursing I stopped dead in my tracks as I bent over to empty the water dishes of the pots with my sunflower seeds.... In the morning they were pots of dirt with a seed buried somewhere inside and by the afternoon, after tons of rain and the magic of nature, voila.............



This one is still hangin' on to the seed shell, too cute....